Monday, June 26, 2017

DIY philosophy

I see a lot of DIY projects online and there's not doubt there a lot of really creative people out there, but I want to share my criteria for a really awesome DIY project.

In my opinion, the main reason to do it yourself is to save money and/or time. If it takes a lot of time and money, it defeats the whole purpose. You could have just paid someone else to do it for you.

Many DIY projects I see start off with purchasing a bunch of materials and tools, again, in my opinion, defeating the purpose.

I would say a truly great DIY project meets these criteria;

It is cheaper than paying someone to do it for you.

It does not require a lot of materials or tools. Ideally it can be completed with stuff you already have laying around the house, saving money and time spent running to the store.

It comes off as good OR BETTER than if you would have paid someone else to do it.

Maybe I'll start a category for judging my own and other DIY projects based on this criteria.

Categories/tags: DIY philoshopy 99829 99843


No comments:

Post a Comment