Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Tuesday August 11, the night Kamala Harris was chosen to run as vice-president.

 It started off quiet, another day in the COVID-19 pandemic chillin' at home my back was sore from doing home improvement.


I took my cruiser bicycle for a ride to the local middle school and tried to shoot some buckets but my back wasn't havin' it.


I had been trying to remake my apartment and add a workbench to fix bikes so I could make ends meet because I had been laid off from my nine to five.


My neighbor lady had been trippin from me makin' noise so I was trying to limit my activities to the back bedroom/shop.


My baby mama and son came by to get some stuff he had left from a previous visit. They surprised me with a very sweet birthday present.


My neighbor lady yelled some profanity at them for knocking on MY door.


So when a couple of units rolled up to my apartments a half an hour later I thought nothing of it. They were probably just here to do a welfare check.


My neighbor is not 'crazy' I do believe that we all fall short of greatness and we all do OUR best. You think that your friend or relative WON'T do the right thing but no, they mentally and physically (they are all connected) CAN'T do the right thing. Don't judge people for that. They are doing THEIR best.


I retreated to my back bedroom to wait everything out. I had a feeling if ever the police had to drag my neighbor out of their apartment, she might not cooperate. She didn't like people in her apartment part of the reason was because she didn't want to catch COVID. She had expressed her fears about it before.


I checked my Twitter feed and Kamala Harris had been chosen to run as Vice-President!


That's when I heard a loud BOOM!


I assumed they were breaking my neighbor's door down with a battering ram or something, but I didn't hear anything else after. It was louder than a gunshot, with more bass.


It was quiet for a while, so I eventually wandered back to my living room/front room/kitchen (my apartment is small!) and got on my computer to check my email and facebook updates for any possible marketplace or craigslist deals.


That's when I received a call from a local number that of course I didn't answer because it's 2020 and who answers their phone? But I do check my voicemail if somebody leaves one so I did that.


And the caller called a second time as I was checking the voicemail and it was the Local PD.


Then they called a third time, OK!, if someone leaves me a voicemail I will answer my phone (most people don't) It was Officer so and so I said Hi, yes I am home yes that's my name I am doing well today.


“Did you hear a loud sound a half an hour ago?”


“Yes I did I was in my bedroom and I heard it.”


“What did it sound like?”

“I don't really know but it was loud like maybe louder than a gunshot with more bass.” (I grew up in Northeast Portland and I had been questioned about noises by cops before. They tend to be interested in loud noises that could be gunshots and where they originate from.)


“I figured it was something to do with whatever you guys were doing next door.”


“No it was unrelated. We were responding to a call from your neighbor she had a nosebleed...


(Yeah right!? Why send two police cruisers to a nosebleed? Don't you just send ambulance?)


… when we heard the sound. Do you know what direction it came from?”


“Uhhh. Not really. Like I said I figured it was coming from the apartment next door maybe it was you guys.”


“Okay, well thanks for talking to us, if we have any other questions we will call you back, can you stay close to your phone and pick up if we do?”


“Yeah, sure. No problem”


“Thank you.”


That was that for a while. I went back to my usual spot on my computer, in front of my picture window.


My blinds were half closed. I like to peep the cul-de-sac for traffic but not to be too snoopy.


Then the SWAT team rolled up.





To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment